Fri, 20 Sep 2019

The South African Broadcasting Corporation will on Tuesday head to the Labour Court in a bid to have some 28 irregular appointments declared unlawful and set aside, the public broadcaster has confirmed.

In a statement, the SABC had said the appointments were made without following due process as per company policy.

"So far, 28 cases have been identified for the first phase of the process. The ongoing investigation might reveal further irregular appointments. All affected parties will be afforded an opportunity to oppose the application," said SABC Spokesperson, Vuyo Mthembu.

''The application follows recommendations of the reports of the Public Protector and the Parliamentary Ad Hoc Committee, as well as the SABC's internal investigation on irregular appointments,'' Mthembu added.

The broadcaster remains committed to enforcing sound governance measures aimed at ensuring full compliance with all its policies, said Mthembu.

More South Africa News

Access More

Sign up for South Africa News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!